Go-To Carbon Accounting Platform, Greenly, Announces World’s First App Store Supporting the Fight Against Climate Change
Greenly, the leading carbon accounting and management platform, announced today the launch of The Climate App Store, the world’s first app store focused on providing tools to measure and reduce users’ carbon footprints. The Climate App Store is designed to cater to diverse industries to both measure and provide options for carbon management, tailored to users’ specific needs. Greenly envisions the app store as a one-stop shop solution for businesses on their sustainability journey, empowering them to take control of their carbon footprints like never before.
Measuring carbon emissions accurately can be a complex and time-consuming task, often requiring extensive data analysis and multiple iterations. The Climate App Store offers powerful tools tailored to a wide range of industries. Whether you're a marketing professional, event organizer, or tech specialist, you can measure the carbon footprint of your campaigns, events, cloud, and more, with applications custom-designed by Greenly's climate experts.
Users have access to a wide selection of carbon calculators in the Climate App Store, with options for both free and premium applications. The free calculators offer basic features for measuring and tracking carbon emissions. Meanwhile, the premium apps provide advanced functionalities and comprehensive assessments that enable users to perform in-depth analyses of their carbon footprint.
Upon selecting their preferred carbon calculator, users can effortlessly input their data and visualize their carbon footprint. The apps come equipped with intuitive data visualization and simulation tools that empower professionals to identify areas for improvement and make informed decisions on their path towards sustainability.
To minimize emissions related to electricity consumption (Scope 2), the Greenly Climate App Store offers the following apps:
- Scope 2 App: Measures electricity consumption down to the hour, at the level of each building, and calculates real-time emissions by associating carbon intensity with consumption data obtained from the Electricity Map API.
For digital and tech companies:
- Cloud App: Integrates with cloud service provider APIs (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure) to track electricity consumption at the vCPU instance level, translating it into carbon emissions based on hourly electricity map data. It helps optimize electricity consumption and promote low-carbon electricity mixes.
- Website Carbon Footprint App: Reduces emissions associated with online presence by calculating the carbon footprint of websites.
- Advertising Campaign Calculator: Models the carbon footprint of online advertisements based on factors such as ad weight, ad formats, distribution, and viewing devices.
In the finance sector:
- SFDR App: Enables investment companies to engage portfolio companies in collecting and consolidating emission-related information to become eligible for impact fund labels.
- Freight Calculator: Models emissions for all logistics transport based on factors such as tonnage, routes, and transportation modes (e.g., semi-trailers, air transport).
In event planning:
- Event App: Allows businesses to track CO2 emissions associated with organizing events, considering transportation, meals, activities, accommodation, and digital components.
For the restaurant industry:
- Menu Carbon Footprint App: Models the carbon impact of menus by adjusting ingredients to create a decarbonization pathway.
Product Life Cycle Analysis Apps help businesses to build specific models for calculating the carbon footprint of products they bring to the market. These apps provide ready-to-use calculators for various areas, including:
- A Textile Calculator: Evaluates the environmental impact of clothing based on material type, production locations, transportation methods, and distribution.
- A Charging Station Calculator: Calculates emissions generated by this new type of urban mobility to support manufacturers in decarbonizing transportation.
- Construction Site Lifecycle App: Models the impact of buildings throughout their lifespan, typically used to assess the environmental impact of buildings over time.
Building a Developer Community in Climate Tech
The Climate App Store welcomes contributions not only from Greenly's climate experts but also from a community of developers who have collaborated with Greenly to bring sector-specific expertise. The following partner apps are available:
- Welow App: Calculates the carbon footprint of e-commerce websites by matching each product with its relative carbon weight to assess the impact of the entire shopping cart.
- Estuaire App: Models the carbon footprint of an aircraft fleet using public navigation data and aircraft models. It supports the decarbonization of air transportation by offering less emission-intensive flight models.
- Carbon Offset App: Allows companies to actively contribute to verified carbon avoidance or sequestration projects.
When we launched Greenly four years ago, we were the first mobile application on Apple's App Store dedicated to calculating personal carbon footprints. We were already surprised back then that there was no climate category on the App Store or Google Play Store. We couldn't wait any longer as emissions continue to rise and climate change keeps getting worse. So we launched our own marketplace. Anyone, any company should be able to access the most suitable carbon calculator for their activities, to understand the origin of their emissions in detail, and thus identify how to improve their impact. The most exciting part of this project is that Greenly is no longer alone. We already have a community of over 1,500 user companies, and a growing network of developers who want to advance climate accounting. Building an app for the climate is a very concrete way to turn indignation against passivity into a tangible and operational action plan. We encourage everyone to join this wonderful project. (Alexis Normand, CEO of Greenly)
Become a part of the industry leaders who put their trust in Greenly and manage your carbon footprint. Register for an account on the Climate App Store today to access a variety of carbon assessment tools customized to your specific needs.
For more information about The Carbon App Store and Greenly, please visit https://www.greenly.earth/.
Founded in October 2019 by Alexis Normand (CEO, ex-Health Director of Withings; HEC, Sciences-Po, who also went through the Boston office of Withings and Techstars), Matthieu Vegreville (CTO, X-Telecom, data scientist at Withings) and Arnaud Delubac (UX/UI; ESSEC-Centrale, INSEE, previously in charge of digital communication in the Prime Minister’s staff), Offspend SAS launched in January 2020 the Greenly app, to allow everyone to measure and reduce their ecological impact by analyzing their banking expenses and offering rewards and coaching to avoid emissions. In September 2021, it launched its carbon assessment suite for SMEs.
For more information please visit https://www.greenly.earth/
U.S.: Khloé Lewis // [email protected]
U.K.: Jo Cresswell // [email protected]
France: Jean-François Kitten // [email protected]
France: Jérémy Cariddi // [email protected]
Green-Tok, a newsletter dedicated to climate green news
We share green news once a month (or more if we find interesting things to tell you)
100 days to go: How businesses can get ready for the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive
Carbon accounting platform, Greenly, launches CSRD preparedness tool in its Climate App Store.
Laetitia Carle becomes COO and Managing Director of France for carbon accounting platform Greenly
Laetitia Carle, former Chief of Staff at Greenly, the leader in digitized carbon footprint assessment and expertise in evaluating corporate climate performance, has just been appointed as COO and Managing Director of France of the climate tech company.