Collectiv Food carries out its Carbon Footprint with Greenly
Today, we are proud to announce that we have finalized a complete audit with Greenly in order to take concrete climate action and limit our identified emissions!
Date of creation
Number of employees
Analysis of the results
Number of round trips London / New York
Annual emissions in number of British people
Hectares of growing forest needed to compensate
At Collectiv Food, we recognise that the first crucial step towards reducing harmful environmental impact lies in the data - the ability to measure what truly matters. That’s why, we’ve partnered with the experts at Greenly to support our first company-wide carbon assessment, representing our first major step towards our 2030 Net Zero goal.
What can you tell us about your company? 🔍
We’re a bunch of innovators, collaborators and fanatical foodies on a mission to build the food ecosystem of tomorrow, starting with an efficient and sustainable food supply chain serving the heart of our cities.
Why did you carry out a carbon assessment?
We cannot improve what we do not measure. That’s why the main purpose of the carbon assessment with Greenly was to establish our emissions baselines across Scopes 1-3 needed to support our Net Zero goal set for 2030.
Why did you choose Greenly ?
Embracing sustainability at Collectiv Food means partnering with the best. That's why Greenly was our choice for measuring our company-wide carbon footprint for the first time.
Their robust methodology, covering scope 1, 2, and 3 analysis, set the stage for effective action while Greenly's platform wowed us with its smart UI – supporting a smooth data collection process through to developing insights effortlessly. But it's not just about tech; they helped us engage our team, making sustainability a shared journey.
What does your Carbon Footprint reveal ?
Collectiv Food’s carbon footprint takes into account direct and energy emissions (Scope 1 & 2) but also indirect emissions caused by service providers and services used by the company (Scope 3). Adding up all the emissions, Collectiv Food had a carbon footprint of 5987t CO2e in 2021.
This is equivalent to:
- 3400 Paris-New York round trips
- The annual emissions of 600 British people
- The amount of CO2 sequestered annually by 540 hectares of forest
What are the next steps ?
At Collectiv Food, our climate strategy stands strong on three pillars that drive our commitment:
1. Measure and reduce: We're all about numbers that matter. We're working to refine our annual carbon assessments to pinpoint exactly where we stand. Then, armed with these insights, we're diving into creating a carbon reduction plan with clear-cut targets. Our aim? Achieving Net Zero by 2030.
2. Engage and Connect: Sustainability isn't a solo act. We're reaching out, building bridges, and fostering connections within our ecosystem. Communication is our catalyst for change.
3. Offsetting with Certified Impact: As part of our forward plan, once we've maximized our reduction efforts, we're diving into certified GHG offsetting and sequestration projects. These aren't just offsets; they're verified, impactful changes that resonate with our commitment to Net Zero.
Our immediate steps are charged with purpose, geared towards making opaque, emissive food supply chains a thing of the past. Together, we’re shaping the food ecosystem of tomorrow.